Red Lake Walleye is considered by many to be the “Finest Walleye in the World.”
IQF Natural Red Lake Walleye
DETAILS ABOUT OUR RED LAKE WALLEYE
THE RED LAKE WALLEYE STORY
• With a shared commitment to sustainability, environmental stewardship, food safety and quality, FINFISH Direct is pleased to offer Minnesota's famous Red Lake wild-caught Walleye as a member of their freshwater fish family of products.
• Guided by ancient traditions, aided and advanced by the most modern techniques, the Red Lake Fishery is closely aligned with the Red Lake Nation Department of Natural Resources, employing scientific methods to track and preserve the fish populations.
• The fish are wild-caught by tribal fishermen, employing local knowledge and ancestral practices to deliver the finest, freshest, hand-filleted product …all prepared with respect for the environment.
• Apart from helping the environment, the tribal-owned Red Lake Fishery helps the local economy grow, supporting more than 400 fishers and their families.
• The Red Lake Nation Indian Reservation covers more than 1 million square miles in Northern Minnesota. Red Lake itself is the 6th largest natural freshwater lake in all the USA, providing freshwater walleye to America since 1919. It began during the First World War to bring a healthy food supply to American Troops and again in World War II.
• In 1929 the fishery was in full operation by the Red Lake Band of Ojibwe and distributed all over the United States.
• Red Lake Walleye is considered by many to be the “Finest Walleye in the World.”
• These delicious freshwater fish are popular throughout Canada and the United States for their sweet, white flesh and versatility.
• Processed and individually quick frozen with hours of catch, you can be serving these for dinner just days from now!
Because of the perishable nature of frozen fish, at this point we offer shipping via UPS 2 days per week.
Packed in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice, our goal is to provide our quality fish to you in their current frozen state.
For orders to be shipped on TUESDAY for delivery on THURSDAY, please order by 10 a.m. on Monday. For orders to be shipped on WEDNESDAY for delivery on FRIDAY, please order by 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Our 100% all natural Promise
Like all of the FINFISH DIRECT fish, they are 100% natural, with no additives, preservatives or chemicals.
How to Cook
PREMIUM • WILD-cAUGHT • 100% NATURAL • ETHICALLY-SOURCED
NO CHEMICALS, NO ADDITIVES
The majority of fish on the market has STPP (Sodium Tripolyphosphate) added prior to freezing in order to retain moisture, which results in an increased fillet size and shrinkage when cooked. STPP is a chemical, used in cleaning products, detergents, soaps, paints, ceramics.
THERE IS NO STPP ADDED TO ANY OF OUR FISH, EVER.
PURE. NATURAL. PROTEIN
Finfish Direct is proud to offer only pure, natural protein. Our Red Lake Walleye is processed and frozen within hours of catch.
Our Walleye fish are from the fresh waters of the Red Lake in Northern Minnesota. The fish are wild-caught by tribal fishermen, employing local knowledge and ancestral practices to deliver the finest, freshest, hand-filleted product …all prepared with respect for the environment.
PURE, NATURAL FLAVOR
These delicious freshwater fish are popular throughout Canada and the United States for their sweet, white flesh and versatility.
IQF SINGLE FROZEN
Our fish are processed and ‘Individually Quick Frozen’ (one-time) within hours of catch at our nearby HACCP approved facility.
Our chemical-free fish is harvested using strict ethical, sustainable and traceable practices
I no longer live up north so getting Walleye is a real treat in Florida. This is excellent fish.
Very Good, Only way we can get the kids to visit us
The walleye is top notch and delicious! Thanks much
I loved the fish..the wife complained of the bones
Excellent in cooking and great eating - thank you.