IQF Natural Red Lake Walleye
THE RED LAKE WALLEYE STORY
• With a shared commitment to sustainability, environmental stewardship, food safety and quality, FINFISH Direct is pleased to offer Minnesota's famous Red Lake wild-caught Walleye as a member of their freshwater fish family of products.
• Guided by ancient traditions, aided and advanced by the most modern techniques, the Red Lake Fishery is closely aligned with the Red Lake Nation Department of Natural Resources, employing scientific methods to track and preserve the fish populations.
• The fish are wild-caught by tribal fishermen, employing local knowledge and ancestral practices to deliver the finest, freshest, hand-filleted product …all prepared with respect for the environment.
• Apart from helping the environment, the tribal-owned Red Lake Fishery helps the local economy grow, supporting more than 400 fishers and their families.
• The Red Lake Nation Indian Reservation covers more than 1 million square miles in Northern Minnesota. Red Lake itself is the 6th largest natural freshwater lake in all the USA, providing freshwater walleye to America since 1919, It began during the First World War to bring a healthy food supply to American Troops and again in World War II.
• In 1929 the fishery was in full operation by the Red Lake Band of Ojibwe and distributed all over the United States.
• Red Lake Walleye is considered by many to be the “Finest Walleye in the World.”
Like all Finfish Direct lakefish, there are absolutely no additives, preservatives or chemicals in Red Lake Walleye.
PURE. NATURAL. PROTEIN.
WE SHIP ANYWHERE IN THE USA