RECIPES FROM CHEF JOHN
Chemical Free Lake Erie Walleye Murat
4 ea. Finfish Chemical Free Lake Erie Walleye Fillets
1 quart Seafood Stock
5 ounces Seasoned Bread Crumbs
¼ cup Basil Pesto
8 ounces Artichoke Hearts-canned- cut into quarters
1 ea. Juice of fresh Lemon
2 ounces White wine-dry
3 ounces Sherry
2 ea. Garlic cloves-minced
4 ea. Shallots-minced
½ pound Portobello Mushrooms-quartered
¼ bunch Fresh Parsley leaves-chopped
2 ea. Bay leaves
1 ea. Chili pepper-whole
3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
2 teaspoons Whole Black Peppercorns
3 Tablespoon Capers
4 ounces Unsalted Whole Butter
2 ounces Black Olives- chopped
2 ounces Green Olives- chopped
- In a sauce pan add the seafood stock, lemon juice, white wine, Sherry, Garlic, shallots, chili pepper, fresh thyme, black peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Reduce over low heat by ½ original volume. Strain and reserve liquid.
- In a food processor grind seasoned bread crumbs and add the basil pesto.
- Place Lake Erie Walleye on a sheet pan or sizzle platter.
- Top with the bread crumb mixture.
- Mist the crumbs with avocado or olive oil.
- Place in a 425 f degree oven to brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Chemical-Free Red Lake Walleye Wasabi with Warm Daikon and Cucumber Salad
4 ea. Finfish Chemical-Free Red Lake Walleye Fillets
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Wasabi paste
4 ounces Panko Bread Crumbs
1 pound English Cucumber
10 ounces Daikon Radish
12 ea. Red Radish
6 ounces Pickled Ginger-shaved
½ cup Mirin
½ cup Ponzu Sauce
2 Tbs. Sesame oil
1 Tbs. Agave or granulated sugar
- Blend mayonnaise and Wasabi paste (this may be “to taste” due to the variations of Wasabi) cover and refrigerate.
- Thin slice cucumber, Daikon, Red radish.
- Add the ginger with the dressing of Mirin, Ponzu, Sesame oil and Agave.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place Walleye on a sizzle platter or sheet pan. Spread the Wasabi mixture on the fish surface and sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs.
- Place in a preheated 425 f oven.
- In a saute pan, add the salad mixture. Just heat lightly.
- Place a nest of the warm salad mixture onto the plate.
- Top with the cooked Red Lake Walleye.
- Serve & Enjoy
Meet the Chef behind the recipes!